For Europe in Bubbles the data is depicted as the „Dorling cartogram“. Instead of enlarging or shrinking the original choropleths themselves, the objects are replaced by a uniform shape, e.g. a circle, of the data-adjusted to size. To avoid overlapping, which normally happens because small enumeration units represent relatively large figures, the symbols are moved the shortest distance away from their true locations in an iterating process, maintaining neither shape, topology nor object centroids.
- Population, GDP, Area – http://databank.worldbank.org/Data/Home.aspx
- Carbon dioxide emissions – http://mdgs.un.org/unsd/mdg/Data.aspx
- Inbound tourism – Arrivals – http://data.un.org/
- General government gross debt – http://www.imf.org/
- Oil consumption, Labor forces – https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/rankorderguide.html